Accreditations and Recognitions
JAA TO is an ICAO Regional Training Center of Excellence, Associated Body of ECAC and a Member of the EASA Virtual Academy.
Learn about our main recognitions and accreditations below:
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations, which was established in 1944, to foster the planning and development of international air transport with safety. ICAO has set up the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme, promoting training collaboration for the purpose of a safe, secure, and sustainable development of the global air transport.
- JAA TO is a member of the ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Steering Committee (TPSC) since its inception.
- JAA TO is the first Full Member of the ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Programme (TPP) in Europe.
Regional Training Centres of Excellence (RTCEs) are TRAINAIR PLUS-leading Full Members that can develop ICAO courses using ICAO provisions (Annexes and guidance material). This membership category offers additional partnership with ICAO for the development of ICAO Training Packages (ITPs). There are only 4 RTCE in Europe, of which JAA TO is the first.
- JAA TO is the first European ICAO Regional Training Center of Excellence (RTCE).
- JAA TO is also a member of the ICAO Coordination Group (COG) for the Language Proficiency Requirements Implementation Task Force (LPRI TF).
- JAA TO is a member of the Training Policy Group (TPG) for ICAO EUR CAPSCA (the Collaborative Arrangement for the Prevention and Management of Public Health Events in Civil Aviation).
- JAA TO was awarded in March 2015 by ICAO's Global Aviation Training (GAT) for the highest number of participants in an online ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Standardized Training Package (STP).
For more information over the recognition of Training Organisations by ICAO and about JAA TO's affilitation since 2014, please visit the links below:
EASA is the Agency of the European Union (EU), with regulatory and executive tasks in the field of civil aviation safety. EASA developed the EASA Virtual Academy (EVA) to ensure that harmonised and high-quality training is available. The training providers offering EVA courses are selected on the basis of specific criteria regarding their legal, economic, technical and professional capacity to perform the required training.
- JAA TO is the leading member of the EVA since its inception in 2015.
- JAA TO is also an EASA-approved Ramp Inspection Training Organisation (RITO) - for full practical and recurrent courses.
For information on the criteria and approval procedure to become an EASA Virtual Academy member and on the JAA TO's affiliation, please visit the links below:
ECAC was established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Council of Europe. It is the European intergovernmental civil air transport organisation that stands for the continued development of a safe, efficient, and sustainable European air transport system.
- JAA TO is an Associated Training Body of ECAC since 2009.
For more information, visit: https://www.ecac-ceac.org/jaa-to
- Accreditations and Recognitions by the Dutch law
JAA TO is a non-profit Foundation established under the laws of the kingdom of the Netherlands. It is registered as a recognized and compliant Dutch Training Institute by the Centraal Register Kort Beroeps Onderwijs (CRKBO). For more information on JAA TO's history, visit: https://jaato.com/page/101/