GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION IN JAA TO TRAINING COURSESApplicable as per January 01, 2021
Certificates: Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Accomplishment, Certificate of Achievement
Course Date: the date of each Training Course as advertised on the JAA TO website.
Course Fee: the price of participation at Training Courses, as defined on the JAA TO website at the time of registration. NB: Please note that Training Courses are subject to price indexation yearly.
Course Materials: any and all materials, printed or electronic, that contains the content delivered during the Training Courses. JAA TO Course Materials are fully copyrighted.
Training Course Materials. All course materials will be in principle provided in electronic/digital format and are not allowed to be copied or reproduced as per strict copyright laws. JAA TO Course Materials are fully copyrighted.
Course Transfer: the event when a Participant who has already paid the Course Fee wishes to attend the same Training Course on another Course Date and/or Location.
Examinations: JAA TO Examination
Governing Law: the laws of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
JAA TO: Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation
JAA TO Location: JAA TO training facilities around the world, as listed on the JAA TO website.
Participant: a person registered for a Training Course.
Substitution: replacement of a Participant for a training course or (e-)Examination.
Training Course: courses offered by JAA TO. The list of Training Courses is available on the JAA TO website.
Working day: working days in the Netherlands (Monday - Friday).
III. Registration for the Training Courses
IV. Invitation Letters for Visa Purposes
V. Invoices, Payment of Course Fee
VI. Course Transfer
1. Cancellations shall be made in writing (‘cancellation notice’), by email to email@example.com. The cancellation notice shall include the following particular information: invoice number; name and organisation of the Participant; Training Course Title; Training Course Date.
2. Upon receipt of the cancellation notice, JAA TO will send a confirmation to the Participant. Cancellations shall be considered valid only if a confirmation is issued by JAA TO. It is the Participant’s responsibility to monitor if the confirmation notice is received by JAA TO.
3. Cancellation notices shall be received by JAA TO no later than 10 working days for classroom courses and 2 working days for virtual courses before the first scheduled day of the Training Course concerned. In the event the cancellation notice is received by JAA TO less than 10 working days for classroom courses and 2 working days for virtual courses, but more than 24 hours before the scheduled start date of the Training Course concerned, a cancellation fee of 25% of the full Course Fee will be charged. In the event the cancellation notice is received by JAA TO within 24 hours before the scheduled start date of the Training Course concerned, the full Course Fee will be charged by JAA TO.
Please note that JAA TO keeps the right to cancel training courses until approx. 3 weeks (classroom courses) and 1 week (virtual courses) prior to the scheduled start of the training course.
4. Refunds (if applicable) will be made within 30 days after the cancellation is confirmed in writing.
5. JAA TO adheres to a cooling-off period of 14 days for consumers. In case of cancellation communicated in writing within the 14 days of initial registering, a full refund will be paid.
The price of Examinations is not included in the Course Fee. Examination fees shall be paid for separately. NB: Please note that Examinations are subject to price indexation yearly.
XI. Training Courses outside JAA TO Location
JAA TO can provide Training Courses outside JAA TO Locations, upon request. Click here for more information. Requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
XII. Training Course Language
Training Courses scheduled at JAA TO Locations are delivered in English. Selected Training Courses can be delivered in other languages. For detailed conditions please contact email@example.com.
XIII. Intellectual Property
JAA TO is the owner of, and will retain all rights, title and interest in any and all Course Materials, and in any and all other materials, including any documentation, data, technical information and know-how provided to the Participants by JAA TO. Such information shall not be disclosed or copied to any third parties and shall not be used for any purposes by the Participants or the organisation they represent, without the express written permission of JAA TO.
All confidential or business-sensitive information provided by JAA TO’s customers will remain confidential and will not be shared by JAA TO’s employees or Trainers to third parties.
XV. Force Majeure
JAA TO shall not be liable in respect of any failure to fulfil its obligations under this Agreement if such failure is due to reasons or circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to government interference, direction or restriction, war or civil disorders, strikes, blockade, insurrections, riots, acts of natures, disasters, diseases, epidemics, terrorist actions, or other emergencies.
XVI. Suspension from participation
JAA TO reserves the right to suspend delegates from participation in a training course if their behaviour is such that it hampers proper and pleasant delivery of the training course and the performance of the trainer and peers (such as grave misconduct, refusal to comply with house-rules, under influence of alcohol and/or drugs, or other).
Complaints related to
are subject to the following procedures:
Send your complaint in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving the complaint, JAA TO will confirm the complaint within 7 business days and provide a contact person.
An overview of the actions on the complaint will be sent to you within 15 working days (If not possible to solve the problem within 15 working days, you will be notified with the reason and be provided with a new deadline).
Your complaint is always treated confidentially.
All complaints will be stored indefinitely by the JAA TO, including all required actions.
If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by the JAA TO, you can go to the AN-i beroepsregeling: which is an independent legal Dutch organisation:
https://www.an-i.nl/beroepsregeling. After receiving the complaint, AN-i will confirm the complaint within 24 hours with all the necessary information about the procedure to be followed. If the complaint is incomplete, the student will have the opportunity to supplement the complaint.
Advice from the AN-i beroepsregeling will be treated as binding for the JAA TO.
Should the person arranging the Registration, Substitution, Course Transfer or Cancellation, or requesting an invitation letter be other than the Participant, JAA TO assumes that during such processes statements are made on behalf of the Participant and with the authorization to make statements on behalf of the Participant.
Questions of an administrative nature or regarding training courses will be answered within 24 hours (business days).
In case the 24 hour period is not feasible for JAA TO to address the query, a confirmation of receipt will be sent within 24 hours (during business days) indicating an estimate of the required response time.
For general enquiries: email@example.comFor enquiries about payments and invoices: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo request reservation of a parking place: email@example.com