Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, NetherlandsDates not yet confirmed
Enter your e-mail address in order to receive an automatic notification when the course becomes open for registration.
Pilot CRM Assessment Skills Workshop
The assessment of pilot CRM skills is an important part of air operator safety management. Under EU-OPS, the following capability must be in place:
- The flight crew must be evaluated/assessed on their CRM skills in accordance with a methodology acceptable to the Authority and published in the Operations Manual.
- The purpose of such an assessment is to: Provide feedback to the individual and serve to identify retraining; and be used to improve the CRM training system.
- CRM evaluators must also be trained in group facilitation skills. This course will provide the training necessary for Line and Simulator instructors and Examiners to satisfy regulatory requirements.
The training will use the NOTECHS markers for the practical assessment sessions.
The topics covered include:
- The assessment of behaviour using marker frameworks.
- Sources of bias in assessment
- Developing marker frameworks (NOTECHS will be used for practical exercises)
- Conducting an observation (Observing, Recording, Classification, Evaluation)
- Standarisation exercise
- Facilitation Skills for debriefing and learning
- Report writing.
Video case studies will be used for students to evaluate CRM performance and debrief the crew on their CRM performance.
At the completion of this course the attendees will:
- Perform CRM evaluations in accordance with EASA Implementing Rules (IRs) (according to part OPS (regulation EC 965/2012)
- Evaluate CRM performance using the NOTECHS system
- Facilitate the de-briefing process following a flight or simulator session.
- Describe the use of assessment data in developing CRM recurrent training
Who should take this course
Air Operator TRI/TREs, SFIs, CRMI (line), CRM/HF Training Managers, Training Managers
This course will fulfill the requirements under EU-OPS for evaluating CRM skills for:
- Flight crew members, cabin crew members.
- Individuals conducting operator proficiency checks: Type Rating Examiner (TRE), Class Rating Examiner (CRE), TRE, CRE or a Synthetic Flight Examiner (SFE).
- Individuals conducting the Initial Operator’s Crew Resource Management (CRM) training
This course will provide participants with everything they need to set up and manage an effective CRM Evaluation Program.
It is recommended that participants have a working knowledge of human factors and basic CRM concepts. The initial JAA TO 3-day Human Factors/CRM in Aviation course can provide you with this knowledge and required materials.
2 full days, starting at 9:00 on both days and finishing at approximately 17:00 on the first day and at 16.00 on the second day.