Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands14 October 2019 - 01 November 2019 - available
ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS GSI - Personnel Licensing Course - 18710
The Government Safety Inspector (GSI) Personnel Licensing (PEL) Course was developed as a collaborative effort between the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), in order to provide operations, airworthiness, and personnel licensing aviation safety inspectors, on a worldwide basis, with uniform skills and knowledge to conduct specific safety oversight functions.
This 15-days course, is intended for Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) involved in developing or upgrading their own State licensing or PEL system. The course is designed for a group composed of personnel assigned to a CAA’s PEL office. Participants are taught how to establish and maintain a CAA PEL office, and factors to consider when obtaining services for the PEL system from an outside service provider.
Participants will be instructed on how to develop knowledge tests for a licensing system and ensure the validity of the tests. Participants will learn the licensing process from application to issuance of a license, in addition to procedures for validation or conversion of a foreign license and suspension or revocation of a license.
Classroom exercises will provide practice in how to determine if an applicant is eligible for the license sought, and if the license applicant successfully completed the demonstrations required for a license. The course is based on ICAO’s Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), Model Civil Aviation Regulations (MCARs), and technical guidance.
- Establishing and maintaining a PEL office.
- Determining which licensing functions to obtain by outside service providers.
Managing a knowledge testing system.
Conducting the Application Phase of the licensing process.
Conducting the Evaluation Phase of the licensing process.
Conducting the Demonstration Phase of the licensing process - Administering knowledge tests.
Conducting the Demonstration Phase of the licensing process - Conducting FCL skill tests.
Conducting the Demonstration Phase of the licensing process - Conducting AMT skill tests.
Conducting the Issuance Phase of the licensing process - Issuing a license, letter of discontinuance, or notice of denial.
Issuing a validated or converted foreign license.
After having successfully completed the GSI PEL, the trainees will be able to:
- Establish and maintain a CAA PEL system;
- Obtain knowledge testing services from an outside provider;
- Manage a knowledge testing system;
- Evaluate a license application for completeness and accuracy;
- Determine if an applicant is eligible for the license sought;
- Administer, grade, and document the results of knowledge tests;
- Conduct flight crew license skill tests;
- Conduct maintenance technician skill tests;
- Determine the appropriate document to be issued based on the skill test results;
- Validate and convert foreign licenses;
- Suspend or revoke a license.
Who should take this course
This course is designed for CAA licensing office staff, such as: flight crew licensing operations inspectors, maintenance licensing inspectors, and licensing officers or administrative licensing staff.
PLEASE NOTE: It is ALWAYS a requirement for trainees to bring laptops to ICAO courses. They must have a functioning MS Office and accept USB connection.