Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, NetherlandsDates not yet confirmed
Enter your e-mail address in order to receive an automatic notification when the course becomes open for registration.
ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS GSI Airworthiness – Air Ops & Approved Maint. Organisation -18701
The 14-day Course, designed for airworthiness inspectors, covers the basic concepts and steps involved in certificating an approved maintenance organization and an air transport operator.
Participants will be taught the five phase certification process based upon ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and Model Civil Aviation Regulations (MCARs). Part One covers Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) certification and Part Two covers Air Transport Operator Certification (AOC).
During the course, participants will follow a “mock” maintenance organization and then a “mock operator” seeking certification throughout each phase of the certification process. Exercises will be conducted in which participants must evaluate excerpts of “mock” maintenance organizations and operator’s manuals. Participant exercises will also provide practice with evaluating observations of the maintenance organization’s and the operator’s demonstrations to ensure compliance with the MCARs and advisory material.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate a Perspective Operators Preâ€Assessment Statement Form;
- Identify Pre-Application Meeting Objectives;
- Review a mock AMO formal application and identify formal application meeting objectives;
- Evaluate portions of an applicant’s Maintenance Procedures Manuals (MPM) and identify unacceptable errors;
- Evaluate an applicant’s training curriculum and determine if initial approval can be granted;
- Evaluate the results of a main base inspection and determine inspector actions;
- Complete a mock AMO certificate and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identify items that must be included in the certification report;
- Evaluate narrative and reference statements;
- Evaluate and excerpt from a mock operator’s Maintenance Control Manual;
- Evaluate a mock operator’s proposed Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and identify Configuration Design Limitations (CDL);
- Evaluate an inspection report from a mock operator’s conformity inspection;
- Identify recommendations involving inspector observations/reports of demonstration flights; and
- Complete a mock operator’s certificate and SOPs and identify items to include in the certification report.
Who should take this course
This Course is conceived for airworthiness inspectors tasked with certification of air operators and approved maintenance organizations.
As a prerequisite to take the Course, participants are required to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
PLEASE NOTE: It is ALWAYS a requirement for trainees to bring laptops to ICAO courses. They must have a functioning MS Office and accept USB connection.
The duration of the course is 14 days (95 training hours).