Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, NetherlandsDates not yet confirmed
Enter your e-mail address in order to receive an automatic notification when the course becomes open for registration.
ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS GSI Operations – Air Operator Certification - 18700
The Government Safety Inspector (GSI) Operations – Air Operator Certification (OPS) Course was developed as a collaborative effort between the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in order to provide operations, airworthiness, and personnel licensing aviation safety inspectors, on a worldwide basis, with uniform skills and knowledge to conduct specific safety oversight functions.
This 13-days course, designed for operations inspectors, covers the basic concepts and steps involved in certificating an air transport operator. Participants will be taught the five-phase certification process based upon ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and Model Civil Aviation Regulations (MCARs).
After having successfully completed the GSI OPS, the trainees will be able to:
- Evaluate perspective Operators Pre-assessment Statement forms for acceptability;
- Identify Pre-application Meeting Objectives;
- Conduct a cursory review of the packages and, from the review, evaluate the quality of one package and identify formal application meeting objectives for the other package;
- Evaluate narrative and reference statements;
- Conduct an in-depth evaluation of an excerpt from a mock Operations Manual;
- Evaluate a sample curriculum segment from a mock operator’s training programme;
- Evaluate an excerpt of a mock operator’s Cabin Attendant Manual for acceptability;
- Evaluate a mock operator’s A300 Aircraft Operating Manual for acceptability;
- Evaluate a mock operator’s proposed Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and Configuration Design List (CDL);
- Verify submitted performance planning data for acceptability;
- Evaluate an excerpt of a mock operator’s Aircraft Loading and Handling Manual for acceptability and identify errors;
- Evaluate excerpts from the mock operator’s Exit Row Seating programme;
- Evaluate the results of an inspector’s main base inspection for acceptability and determine inspector actions;
- Evaluate the inspector’s observations of a training programme and facilities for acceptability and determine the correct inspector actions;
- Evaluate emergency evacuation demonstration scenarios to determine if they were satisfactory and provide reasons for your decision;
- Determine appropriate recommendations for scenarios involving inspector observations/reports of four demonstration flights and reasons for the recommendations; and
- Complete a mock operator’s certificate and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identify items that must be included in the certification report.
Who should take this course
This course is for Aviation Safety Inspectors tasked with certification of air operators.
PLEASE NOTE: It is ALWAYS a requirement for trainees to bring laptops to ICAO courses. They must have a functioning MS Office and accept USB connection.
13 days, starting at 09.00 and finishes around 17.00.