Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands15 - 16 April 2019 - available 09 - 10 September 2019 - available 18 - 19 November 2019 - available
Vienna, AustriaDates not yet confirmed
London, United KingdomDates not yet confirmed
Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDates not yet confirmed
St. Julians, MaltaDates not yet confirmed
Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDates not yet confirmed
Quality Management - Principles & Practice in an Aviation Environment
An industry specific two-day course designed for those who need to understand the application of the important principles of Quality Management in an aviation environment, acting in full support of business aims and objectives as well as facilitating regulatory compliance.
This is a practical course that aims to provide participants with sufficient knowledge to understand how to develop and implement formal quality management. It also provides an overview of how an organisation should take control of and manage internal audit programmes designed to provide the Accountable Manager with the assurance of compliance with regulations and company working practices and designed to provide regulatory authorities with the confidence of an organisation's self-monitoring process.
The course programme is designed to be of benefit to Accountable Managers, Quality Managers and others who need to have a good understanding of modern quality management principles that will act in support of company orations as well as responding to any specific regulatory requirements for quality management and compliance monitoring / auditing. The course is suited to the broad range of aviation related activities including flight operations and the associated support activities relating to Ground Handling Agents, Catering etc., maintenance, ATC, and Airport operations.
The course also aims to show the relationship between 'quality' and 'safety' and how a management system needs to be constructed to effectively integrate the disciplines of both into a single system that will satisfy regulatory requirements and company commercial objectives.
Most regulations require an effective compliance monitoring & internal audit process under the supervision of a Compliance Monitoring or Quality Manager that provides adequate feedback to the Accountable Manager. This course also aims therefore to provide an understanding of compliance monitoring audit management and auditing techniques to facilitate a fully effective process supporting the achievement of regulatory, operational and business objectives. The course is highly participative, and promotes 'best practice' quality management and auditing approaches.
Subjects addressed will include the following:
- Basic principles of Quality Management
- Understanding associated terminology
- Quality Management in the context of Business Management
- The role of the Accountable Manager in relation to the QMS
- The relationship between Quality & Safety Management systems
- Understanding the regulations in relation to Quality Management
- Developing & implementing a QMS in support of business aims & objectives and in response to regulations
- Regulatory responsibilities of the Quality Manager
- Business requirement of the quality management function
- Fundamental principles of auditing
- Relative responsibilities of those managing and undertaking audits together with those subject to auditing activity who will need to consider and implement effective corrective actions
- Development of audit programmes
- Best practice audit planning, conduct and reporting
- Audit reports & records
- Auditor competency and development issues
- Effective corrective action, audit follow up and close out mechanisms
- The role of the Accountable Manager in steering the audit process and ensuring adequate response to audit findings
- Interactive trainer led discussions on quality management and auditing problems & solutions
After attending this course participants should have the confidence to promote and facilitate the development of a quality management system and associated audit programme that will act in support of the business and in response to regulatory requirements.
Who should take this course
The course programme is designed to be of benefit to Accountable Managers, Quality Managers, Audit Managers, Compliance Managers, regulators involved in the assessment of an organizations quality management system and associated audit process, and others who need to have a good understanding of modern quality management principles that will act in support of company orations as well as responding to any specific regulatory requirements for quality management and compliance monitoring / auditing.
Participants from Flight Operations, Airline Commercial departments, Maintenance, Flight Crew Licencing, Aerodrome operations, Air Navigation service provision, design & production organisations will also benefit by attendance at this course.
A background in an aviation operations regulatory environment. No previous experience of quality management and auditing is necessary.
2 days - each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.