Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands16 - 18 April 2018 - limited seats 28 - 30 May 2018 - available 09 - 11 July 2018 - available 12 - 14 September 2018 - available 12 - 14 November 2018 - available 19 - 21 December 2018 - available
Vienna, AustriaDates not yet confirmed
St. Julians, Malta04 - 06 June 2018 - available
EASA Air Operations - Commercial Air Transport for Aeroplanes
The European Union has published Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to air operations.
This EU Regulation has an impact on how National Aviation authorities (NAA) and Operators work and demonstrate their compliance with regulations.
This course introduces in detail the regulation for Commercial Air Transport with Aeroplanes.
The course will address the following topics:
- History of European aviation regulations
- General overview of the Basic Regulation and it’s applicability.
- General overview of EASA regulations and the position of Regulation Air Operations therein.
- EASA rulemaking process
- EASA Air Operations - structure
- EASA Air Operations - cover regulation
- Annex I – definitions
- Annex II - Part-ARO, authority requirements for Air Operations
- Annex III - Part-ORO, organisation requirements for Air operations, including a general introduction to FTL (Flight Time Limitations)
- Annex VI – Part-CAT, technical requirements for Commercial Air Transport operations with aeroplanes
- Annex V - Part-SPA, Specific approvals – general introduction
- Acceptable Means of Compliance / Guidance Material – general overview
This course DOES NOT cover:
- CAT for helicopters, sailplanes, balloons and A-to-A flights
- Annex VI – Part NCC, technical requirements for non-commercial operations of complex motor-powered aircraft
- Annex VII – Part-NCO, technical requirements for specific operations of other-than-complex motor-powered aircraft
- Annex VIII – Part-SPO, technical requirements for the specific operations, including commercial and non-commercial operations
Every course subject will be concluded with an interactive quiz.
To familiarize participants with the requirements of the EASA Regulation Air Operations Implementing Rules for CAT operations with aeroplanes
Who should take this course
- Operators management of CAT for aeroplanes, Crew Scheduling Officers, Compliance and Safety Department Staff and Cabin Crew Management
- Pilots operating CAT aircraft
- Competent Authorities (NAAs) Flight Operations Departments
- International Organisations operating in European aviation environment or training for this environment
Note: This course is also ideally suited to be run at the client’s location with the majority of the personnel involved attending so they all receive the same information.
General knowledge of aviation.
It is essential that all participants bring a laptop since the course has been designed with the use of computers.
3 days, starting at 09:00 each day and ending at 15:30 at day 3 to allow for examination.