Locations / Date
NAA Inspectors Training Course - Aircrew FSTD
Aircrew-FSTD for National Authorities’ Inspectors.
This course will explain the principles of basic regulation (216/2008). Articles not related to Aircrew-FSTD or the required basics will not be discussed.
Then the relevant parts of PART ARA and ORA (1178/2011 and 290/2012) related to simulator qualification and operation, as well as the related AMC and GM, will be explained. Also CS-FSTD will be discussed in detail.
In order to implement all the rules and common practices in the correct way, regulation 628/2013 will also be discussed.
The following reference material will be explained in relation to Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTD’s).
Regulation (EC) 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 February2008 on common rules in the field of civil aviation and establishing a European Aviation Safety Agency, and repealing Council Directive 91/670/EEC, Regulation (EC) No 1592/2002and Directive 2004/36/EC and it’s amendments.
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 628/2013 of 28 June 2013 on workingmethods of the European Aviation Safety Agency for conducting standardisation inspectionsand for monitoring the application of the rules of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of theEuropean Parliament and of the Council and repealing Commission Regulation (EC) No736/2006.
Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council and it’s amendments including Acceptable Means of Compliance and Guidance Material as published by the European Aviation Safety Agency.
EASA Certification Specifications for Aeroplane Flight Simulation Training Devices.
NB: Please note this course does not address helicopter-related subjects or issues.
By the end of the course, the NAA inspector shall:
- Be able to identify and justify the findings with regard to Aircrew-FSTD, according to the European regulatory framework currently in place.
- Know the basic regulation related to Aircrew-FSTD and the relevant parts of 1178/2011 and the amendments to this regulation.
- Know regulation 628/2013 with regard to auditing, preparation and follow up, findings as well as the standard procedures to be followed by EASA during inspections and qualifications.
- Know the basics of quality systems and safety systems for operators.
- Know the CS-FSTD and its applicability to simulators and operators.
- What is required for use of an FSTD for an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) and/or Air Operator Certificate (AOC) holder.
Who should take this course
- Simulator operators and evaluators who are not familiar with evaluations and want to prepare for this.
- Simulator operators who have to establish or improve their quality system.
- Simulator evaluators who are not familiar with quality systems.
- Simulator evaluators who are not familiar with simulator evaluations.
NB: This course is NOT for helicopter operators.
No previous experience with CS-FSTD, simulator operation or quality systems is necessary.
4 days - each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at approx. 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
NOTE: Participants are kindly requested to bring a laptop to the workshop, in order to access digital course material, which will be provided on a USB-stick during the training course.