Locations / Date
EU Ramp Inspection Programme (SAFA) - Awareness Training Course
EASA published their EU Ramp Inspection Programme procedures to replace the former SAFA system.
The Ramp Inspection Programme is an important tool for Authorities to assess compliance of non-national aircraft with ICAO/EASA standards as expressed in applicable regulations.
The EU Ramp Inspection Procedures and associated regulations provide a legal basis for banning aircraft, operators or operators from applicable states from entering European airspace.
Therefore the need for operators to have a thorough understanding of the EU Ramp Inspection Programme, its implication on operations and how to prepare themselves in order to avoid unnecessary delays is evident.
The EU Ramp Inspection Awareness training programme provides the participants with applicable knowledge on how to prepare crews (Operations) and aircraft (Technical) to be compliant with “EU Ramp Inspection” and how to deal with possible follow-up on closure of so-called cat 2 and cat 3 findings.
The EU Ramp Inspection - Awareness training course contains the following:
- EU Ramp Inspection Programme and legal aspects (ICAO, EU regulations, National obligations, etc),
- EU Ramp Inspections (structure of inspection process and impact on the operators turn around process),
- Proof of Evidence form,
- Inspection Instruction (inspection items with ICAO/EASA references),
- Evaluation and feedback.
- Provide CAT and GA operators with applicable knowledge and instruments for passing EU Ramp inspections without unnecessary delays.
- Improve crew and operator communication with EU Ramp inspectors and authorities.
- Participants in this course will benefit from the detailed training material providing the EU Ramp Instruction Manual to prepare crews and aircraft for EU Ramp inspections.
- Familiarize participants with relevant ICAO Standards, EU Regulations and EU Ramp Inspection Programme.
Who should take this course
- Operations, Technical, Training and Quality Staff from Commercial Air Transport (CAT) operators and/or International General Aviation operators flying within, into or from SAFA/SACA countries or any country where the aircraft is subject to inspection.
- Agencies and consultants providing service to CAT or International GA operators dealing with operations.
Basic understanding of aircraft equipment, procedures and/or documentation.
One day, starting at 9:00 and ending at approximately 17:00