Just Culture in Safety Sensitive Industries
A course with the intention to create or enhance awareness of ‘Just Culture’ as a safety performance improvement of the organisation.
The following subjects will be addressed:
- What is Safety?
- Human Information Processing
- Human Error
- Cultures in Organisations
- Reporting Systems
- No Blame Culture
- Acceptable and Non Acceptable Behaviour
- Assessing and measuring Just Culture
- Maintaining Just Culture
By the end of this course delegates will demonstrate understanding of the following:
• The definition(s) of ‘Just Culture’
• The principles of ‘Just Culture’
• The benefits of having a Just Culture in the organisation
• The conditions required to create a Just Culture in the organisation
• Guidelines for creating a Just Culture
Who should take this course
This course is suitable for all functions and departments, but especially for Accountable Managers, Safety Managers, Quality Managers, Training Managers, Line managers, Human Factor Specialists.
No specific previous experience is required, however basic knowledge of Human Factors and Safety Management Systems is recommended.
1 day, starting at 09:00 and ending at approximately 17:00