Locations / Date
Aircraft De-icing/Anti-icing on the Ground
This training is for anyone who requires:
- basic knowledge of aircraft de-icing/anti-icing and the global standards and requirements;
- an update on the latest standards and requirements.
NOTE: Participants should bring a laptop with a connection for an USB stick.
The following items will be addressed:
- Why is de-icing/anti-icing required?
- Regulations involved
- Change to SAE Global Standards
- Types of Contamination
- Aircraft De-icing Fluids (ADF)
- De-icing/anti-icing methods
- One step and two step treatments
- Spray techniques
- Hold Over Time (HOT)
- Different types of De-icing trucks
- Personal safety
- Quality control
- Regulation (EU) No. 965/2012 (EASA Air Operations)
- ICAO Manual of Aircraft Ground De-icing/Anti-icing Operations (Doc 9640) 2nd edition, 2000.
- SAE AS6285 (Aircraft Ground Deicing/Anti-Icing Processes)
- SAE AS6286 (Training and Qualification Program for Deicing/Anti-icing of Aircraft on the Ground)
Understanding the basics on aircraft de-icing/anti-icing and the global standards and requirements.
Who should take this course
- All persons involved in de-icing / anti-icing;
- personnel aircraft operators
- ground handling companies
- de-icing/anti-icing service providers
- maintenance organizations, and
- authority inspectors
A basic aviation knowledge is beneficial.
2 days, starting at 9.00 on the first day and ending at approximately 17.00 on the second day.