Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands04 - 15 February 2019 - available
ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS - Training Developers Course (TDC)
This course is delivered by ICAO. Official certificate will be issued by ICAO to participants who have completed the course in full and successfully.
The Training Developers Course is the core training activity in the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme. This is the main tool to consolidate the implementation of the programme among Civil Aviation Training Centres (CATCs), with the creation of a team of updated and well trained professionals as course developers to work in Course Development Units.
Please note that the following applies:
- A mastery test for each module.
- An ICAO certificate upon completion of the course.
- Trainees who pass the course will be included in the ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS data base of professionals.
- The course is mandatory for professionals who are dedicated to the implementation of competency-based training programmes developing Standardized Training Packages (STPs) to be validated and approved by ICAO.
Course Content (Agenda):
0. Competency-based Training Methodology
1. Preliminary Analysis
2. Job Analysis
3. Population Analysis
4. Design of Curriculum
5. Design of Modules
6. Production and Developmental Testing
Documentation for Trainees:
• Training Development Guidelines, 2011. ICAO doc. 9941
• Course material
The course provides professionals with advanced techniques for applying the Instructional Systems Development methodology (ISD) under the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme. This is a complete instructional development workshop with focus on the practical aspects of developing training and educational programs.
The course will train civil aviation course developers to design and develop Standardized Training Packages (STPs) for TRAINAIR PLUS competency-based training standards by either upgrading existing conventional courses developed by the CATC to become an TP STP or creating a new TP STP.
After having successfully completed the course, the trainees will be able to identify the TRAINAIR PLUS training development methodological standards to:
- Analyse training needs and choose strategies
- Analyse jobs and target populations
- Determine training objectives
- Sequence objectives and group them into modules
- Prepare and validate tests
- Design modules
- Produce and validate training material
- Assist in On the Job Training planning and monitoring
Who should take this course
- Experienced civil aviation training instructors and aviation professionals who are dedicated to the implementation of competency-based training programmes and development of courses with international standards.
- Training managers, supervisors and professionals who want to increase their productivity as developers of training and educational programs.
- Experience in one or more civil aviation fields or in human resources development and training;
- Experience in the preparation of a wide range of training aids and their effective incorporation into a training programme (desirable);
- Computer skills using contemporary software programmes; and
- Good oral and written command of the language of instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: It is ALWAYS a requirement for trainees to bring laptops to ICAO courses. They must have a functioning MS Office and accept USB connection.
10 days, starting at 09.00 on the first day and ending at approx 17.00 on the last day.