Locations / Date
Flight Data Monitoring/Flight Data Analysis Programme (Intro)
This two day course will provide participants with an insight into how to set up and run a FDM/FDA (a.k.a. FOQA)Program, under the present ICAO/EU framework, and includes a "live demonstration" from one of the leading FDM software vendors.
The trainer will also show how FDM can be used to identify precursors to "Overruns and Runway Excursions"; one of the UK CAA's "Significant Seven".
The course will provide a more detailed overview of the technical aspects of each of these topics as follows:
- Module 01: Introduction to FDA/FOQA
- Module 02: EU-OPS and ICAO regulatory frameworks
- Module 03: The Principles and Process of a FDM Programme
- Module 04: Selecting Targets-Events and Parameters
- Module 05: Data retrieval and analysis tools
- Module 06: Data validation and assessment
- Module 07: Use of Statistics/Producing Reports
- Module 08 Corrective Action
- Module 09 Incident Investigation and Special Projects
- Module 10: SMS and FDM/FDA
- Module 11: Database management
- Module 12: Feedback to the crews
- Module 13: Legal Issues related to FDM/FDA
- Module 14: Demonstration of FDM Software (subject to availability)
- Module 15: Operational, Engineering and Financial Benefits of a FDM/FDA Programme
- Module 16: Course Summary
After this course, participants should have a good knowledge of the requirements, process, practical usage and benefits of a FDM/FDA programme in line with the EU Regulations and ICAO SARPS.
Who should take this course
- National Aviation Authorities:
Staff Members having duties and responsibilities in line with the scope of this course.
- International organisations:
Operational and flight safety personnel
Operators and Service Providers:
Operator's operations and flight safety personnel; and also providers of relevant operational products or relevant services for operators.
- NAA personnel holding an OPS and/or Flight Safety Post
- Operators' operations and/or flight safety staff; and third party personnel with operations and flight safety experience.
NOTE: PLEASE BRING YOUR COMPUTER as some exercises will require the use of it. You also need to be able to use a USB stick
2 days, starting at 0900 on the first day and ending at approx. 17.00 on the last day.