This course will provide and explain the background to the existing requirements (International, EU and National) in regards to ETOPS, MNPS, RVSM, LVO (AWOPS) and PBN. Whilst this course covers the operational aspects in detail, it also provides an overview of the associated airworthiness requirements. This course includes group exercises.
After this course, participants should have a good working knowledge of the EU Special Operating Rules (as per the Part SPA), which became effective in 2012.
The course will provide a more detailed overview of the technical aspects of each of these topics as follows:
- Definition of ETOPS
- EASA AMC 20-6 Rev2
- In flight shut-down (IFSD) concepts and management
- Propulsion Systems Reliability Board (PSRAB)
- Responsibility of the operator policy and procedure development requirements
- Operator reliability and related problems
- Configuration maintenance and procedures (CMP) documents
- ETOPS maintenance and continued airworthiness management requirements
- ETOPS fuel management
- RVSM requirements responsibility of the state
- RVSM definitions
- RVSM systems requirements
- Altimetry system error (ASE) system component maintenance and continued airworthiness management airframe
- Instructions for continued airworthiness aircraft
- Operator policy and procedures
- AWOPS requirements aircraft systems
- Maintenance requirements reliability monitoring
- Affected aircraft documentation
- MNPS systems
- Reliability monitoring
- Aircraft documents
- Operations in North Atlantic HLA
PBN, GNSS Theory and Area Navigation (RNAV):
- Types of Area Navigation (RNAV) systems Fundamentals of GNSS
- Fundamentals of RNAV and RNP procedure
- Area Navigation Review: PBN and in particular RNAV and RNP
- Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required (RNPAR)
- Applicable SPA PBN Implementing Rules and AMCs
- FOSA process
NOTE: Participants are kindly requested to bring a laptop to the course to access course material which will only be provided in electronic format.
Who should take this course
- National Aviation Authorities:
Staff members having duties and responsibilities in line with the scope of this course.
- International organizations:
- Operators and Service Providers:
Operator's operations personnel and also providers of relevant operational products or relevant services for operators
Participants are kindly requested to bring a laptop to the course to access course material which will only be provided in electronic format.
This is a two day course, starting at 09.00 on the first day and ending at approximately 17.00 on the second day.