Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands27 - 29 May 2019 - available
ICAO SSP and EASA Authority Management System introduction course
Please note this course is targeted at Authority personnel only!
The State Safety Programme Course introduces a framework for development and implementation of a State Safety Programme (SSP) that combines elements of both prescriptive and performance-based approaches to the management of safety.
This course will not only provide you with the detailed theoretical knowledge you need to develop an effective SSP but, through an number of exercises you will also attain the practical skills that are necessary to build an effective SSP.
The following subjects will be addressed:
- Historical framework
- What is an SSP?
- ICAO and EASA
- The components and elements of an SSP
- State Safety Policy and Objectives
- State Safety Risk management
- State Safety Assurance
- State Safety promotion
- Just Culture
- Implementation and timelines
- Personnel and the training of Personnel
- The role of the SSP in supporting an SMS
- Assessing an SMS
At the completion of this course attendees will be able to:
- Create an SSP for their Authority which combines elements of both prescriptive and performance based approaches to the management of safety
- Understand the importance of a realistic implementation of an SSP as a prerequisite for the implementation of an Safety Management System by Service providers
- Be able to assess an SMS of a Service provider
Who should take this course
Personnel of Authorities responsible for creating an SSP or parts thereof and personnel working within the framework of an SPP.
An interest in achieving applicable knowledge in the understanding, development and realistic implementation of a State Safety Programme.
3 days (starting at 09.00 on the first day and ending at approx. 17.00 on the last day).