ICAO SSP and EASA Authority Management System - Executive Briefing
The State Safety Programme "Executive Briefing" Course introduces a framework for development and implementation of a State safety programme (SSP) that combines elements of both prescriptive and performance-based approaches to the management of safety.
This course also discusses the importance of a realisticimplementation of an SSP as a prerequisite for the implementation of an SMS by service providers.
The topics covered include:
All components and areas important for a State implementing an SSP
- General Considerations
- The components and elements of an SSP
- Safety Policy and Objectives
- Safety Risk Management
- Safety Assurance
- Safety Promotion
- The ICAO SSP framework
- SSP development
- SSP implementation
- The role of the SSP in supporting SMS implementation
- Interface/Interaction with European Rules
At the completion of this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the framework for development and implementation of a State safety programme (SSP) that combines elements of both prescriptive and performance-based approaches to the management of safety and
- Understand the importance of a realistic implementation of an SSP as a prerequisite for the implementation of an SMS by service providers
Who should take this course
- High Management level of Authorities (Director Generals, Accountable Executives, Department Managers) responsible for the implementation of an State Safety Programme as well as members of SSP Implementation Groups.
- Industry members (service providers), although not the main target group of this course, may also have an interest to learn about the responsibilities of a State related to the implementation of an SSP. (SSP is needed to support service providers SMS implementation)
- Flight Data Monitoring and Analyzing Training Course
- Introduction to SMS Training Course
- Safety Management System Workshop
- Safety Management Systems for Aerodromes
An interest in achieving applicable knowledge in the understanding, development and realistic implementation of a State Safety Programme, commensurate with the size and complexity of a State`s aviation system.
1 day starting at 09:00, finishing at 16:45.