Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands09 - 11 September 2019 - available
Airside Safety Training Course
An airside operations specific 3-day programme designed for those managing, monitoring compliance and working in an airside environment. The programme focuses upon European regulations and ICAO recommendations but is also enhanced by industry ‘best practice’ recommendations.
This course aims to provide training in relation to key safety approaches and practices, with sessions covering safety in relation to the entire airfield movement area, with the intention of raising awareness of safety hazards and risks commonly encountered in the dynamic airside working environment.
The course also addresses airside driving safety, apron safety inspections and aims to increase delegates’ knowledge and understanding of health and safety matters commonly encountered in airside environments.
The course programme includes:
- Course Introduction;
- Airside Health & Safety;
- Operational Areas;
- Visual Aids;
- Vehicle Operations & Airside Driving;
- Adverse Weather;
- Aircraft Marshalling;
- Incidents & Accidents;
- Low Visibility Operations;
- Runway Safety;
- Bird & Wildlife Hazard Control;
- Airside Safety Audits & Inspections;
- Airside Work In Progress;
- Group Exercises;
- Case Studies.
This course will assist participants to:
- Identify and reduce airside risks for personnel, aircraft and property associated with various functions at airside
- Reduce injuries, incidents, accidents and ground damage in their airports.
- Appreciate and improve human and organizational factors in airside safety
- Implement airside safety training programs
- Improve airside safety through implementation of interventions such as incident investigations, inspections, audits, supervision
- Leverage best safety practices
Who should take this course
This course will be of great benefit to any airside operations staff involved in any airside operations duties, including apron safety compliance monitoring, apron management and ground operations.
Aerodrome Middle Management, Quality, Operations and Safety staff who are responsible for airside safety matters or who need to possess knowledge and understanding of airside safety and operations.
A background in an airport environment, preferably safety and/or operations. No previous experience of airside operations is necessary.
This is a 3-day course, starting at 9:00 on the first day and ending at approximately 17:00 on all days.