Locations / Date
EASA Balloon Air Operations
In March 2018 the European Union published a new regulation (EU) 2018/395 concering Balloon Air Operations. At the same time regulation (EU) 2018/394 removing balloon operations from Regulation Air Operations was published.
This EU Regulation has an impact on how National Aviation authorities (NAA), individial balloon pilots and balloon operators work and demonstrate their compliance with regulations.
This course introduces in detail the regulation for Balloon Air Operations.
- History of European aviation regulations
- General overview of the Basic Regulation and it’s applicability.
- General overview of EASA regulations and the position of Regulation Balloon Air Operations therein.
- EASA Balloon Air Operations - structure
- EASA Balloon Air Operations - cover regulation
- Annex I – definitions
- Annex II – Part-BOP – Balloon Air Operations
- Regulation Air Operations Annex II - Part-ARO, authority requirements for Air Operations – as applicable to balloon air operations
- Acceptable Means of Compliance / Guidance Material – general overview
- General explanation about balloons – how do they work
To familiarize participants with the structure, requirements and applicability of the EASA Regulation Balloon Air Operations.
Who should take this course
Balloon operators, individual balloon pilots, CAA inspectors, balloon festival organisors, aviation police officers, International Organisations operating in European aviation environment or training for this environment
The course is given in English and will include the opportunity for discussion on issues arising from the content – indeed this is encouraged. Participants should therefore have a good command of the English language.
One-and a half day. Day 1 09:00-17:00, day 2 09:00-12:30 followed by the optional examination.