Transition to Part-CAMO (Part-M – Future developments)
Background: EASA Part M is part of the Continuing Airworthiness Regulation (EU No 1321/2014) which involves continuing airworthiness of the aircraft, its parts and persons/organisations involved.
Scope of Part M:
Aircraft (responsibilities of owner)
- Continuing airworthiness
- Certificate of Airworthiness
- Airworthiness Review Certificate
- Maintenance programme
Persons / Organisations
- Performance of Maintenance
- Continuing airworthiness management
- Airworthiness review
However, Regulation EU 1321/2014 will be-restructured.
The new structure and the proposed regulations will be covered during this course
Why this course?
This course is needed:
- To make organisations (CAMO’s) aware of the new rules.
- To help them to prepare themselves to be ready when the rules are amended.
- To get an overview of what the impact of the changes are.
- To make Sub-F organisations aware of the amendments.
- To make owners and operators of non-complex aircraft and other than licenced aircraft operators aware of the options: Part-CAMO, Part-ML and / or Part-CAO.
- To make all CAMO aware of the SMS and new occurance reporting requirement which is going to be mandated.
- To created an starting point how SMS should be introduced within CAMO.
Part-CAMO is applicable for:
Aircraft used by licensed air carriers and Complex A/C:
Part-CAMO will supersede current Subpart-G of Annex I (Part-M)
- Part-CAMO includes provision for SMS.
Operators of aircraft other than licensed air carriers and other than complex aircraft can choose to operate within Part-CAMO, Part-CAO or according to Part-ML.
General Aviation (GA) wil get its own regulation - Part-ML (Light), also there will be a combinded regulation for GA. This includes CAMO and maintenance for the GA toghether - Part-CAO.
Part-M subpart-F will be amended.
Also the impact for the maintenance programme and mimimum inspection programme (applicable for non-CMPA and a/c <2730kg and other ELA-2 a/c) will be discussed.
EU 1321/2014, Continuing Airworhtiness
Detailed content will be based on
New basic regulation coming into force in 2018
Opinion 05/2016 (NPA/CRD 2015-08, RMT.0547) + (Opinion 05/2015) - Part-M for General Aviation
Opinion 06/2016 (NPA/CRD 2013-01A/B, RMT.0251/MDM.055) - Embodiment of safety management system (SMS) requirements into Commission Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 — SMS in Part-M
NPA 2016-19 (RMT.0681) - Alignment of implementing rules and acceptable means of compliance/guidance material with Regulation (EU) No 376/2014 Occurrence reporting.
- To learn about the new structure of Part-M
- To get overview of Applicability, for whom does which regulation apply. (Part-M, -CAMO, -CAO, -ML)
- To learn what applies within Part-M for Part-CAMO
- To learn what applies within Part-M for Part-CAO
- To understand new CAMO structure.
- To understand the role of SMS within the Part-CAMO.
Who should take this course
CAMO’s, Maintenance, Aircraft owners/operators, OPS, CAA’s
Familiar with Part-M
1 Day course