Locations / Date
Hoofddorp, Netherlands06 - 07 December 2018 - available
Implementing ATQP and Evidence-based Training
The Alternative Training and Qualification Programme allows airlines to develop innovative approaches to pilot training and assessing performance. Evidence-based Training makes use of operational data to shape assessment. The 2 initiatives overlap and are complementary. This workshop will introduce delegates to the steps needed to introduce the concepts into their airline’s training programmes.
This workshop will show you how to:
- Identify training requirements
- Train and standardize high-performing training pilots
- Develop effective pilot training
- Create reliable performance measures
- Integrate LOSA, SMS and flight data to identify operational risk
- Build a training safety case
The course is built up as follows:
- Introduction and overview
- Jargon explainer – decoding the acronyms!
- Establishing the base line – training system gap analysis
- Developing the product specification – creating the Operational Performance Standard
- Checking pilot performance – making sure checks and assessment work.
- What is a safety case and why it will add value
- Developing training modules
- Boosting instructor performance
- Evaluating performance – integrating flight data and safety reporting
- Role of behavioral markers
- Measuring the cost of training
Who should take this course
Training post holders and managers
Airline training developers
2 days (starting at 09:00, ending at approximately 17:00 on both days).