Locations / Date
Enter your e-mail address in order to receive an automatic notification when the course becomes open for registration.
Safety & Performance Improvement of Ground Ops during Aircraft Turnaround
Aircraft turnaround relating to both passenger and cargo operations is a finely tuned set of activities carried out by trained staff from aircraft arrival to its departure that ensures that complex scheduling programmes can be met and aircraft depart safely on time with satisfied customers.
However, the activities involved, particularly below the wing are often complex, potentially hazardous in nature and subject to compliance with both industry and regulatory standards.
Competent Authorities / Regulators, including those from both aviation and occupational health & safety regulatory agencies require management teams to be trained and have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities within the organisation, including oversight of subcontractors.
This course provides an overview of this environment and answers the most important questions that management and those involved in ground support activities need to know; what’s going on, why and how do we manage it from a safety and performance improvement perspective?
A practical and highly interactive training course that covers the following topics:
Aircraft Turnaround activities:
• What is a turnaround & what a standard aircraft turnaround looks like
• Planning and preparing
• Roles & responsibilities
• Equipment & infrastructure
• Arrival sequence(including pre arrival)
• Departure sequence (including post departure)
Safe practices, safety reporting and human factors
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Safe practices on the ramp
• Trained personnel
• Safety reporting and investigation– aircraft damage, unsafe practices, errors
• Continuous improvement and learning – closing the safety loop
• Human factors – the human variable – the risk it creates
Weight & Balance – the basics of what it is and how it works
• Basic principles of flight
• Processes and documentation
• On time performance – its importance to airlines & airports, how it’s measured
• Timings, delay codes and data analysis
• Safe On Time Performance
Quality Management , industry standards & regulation
• Basic QMS – measurement, audit, analysis, improvement
• Industry standards – IATA, AEA
• Regulators – Aviation authorities, local regulators
• ISAGO audit - what it involves and necessary preparation for.
This course is designed to provide participants with a solid theoretical background on the basics of safe and efficient aircraft turnaround activities, together with the necessary understanding of how to facilitate significant improvements in safety and performance of the aircraft turnaround process.
Who should take this course
- Airport Station managers, Airport Duty managers,
- Those involved in managing, supervising, coordinating and undertaking Ground Support activities such as (Ground Support Team managers, Supervisors Handlers, Cleaning, Catering & Airport Security), Airfield Management teams and Compliance monitoring staff and Auditors.
- Flight Operations and Aerodrome inspectors working for Regulatory authorities will also benefit from attendance at this course.
General knowledge and basic experience of airline ground operations and airport activity is beneficial, but not an essential pre-requisite for attendance at this course.
3 days - each day will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.