Enter your e-mail address in order to receive an automatic notification when the course becomes open for registration.
ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS - Training Instructor Course - Part 2 (TIC 2)
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has prepared, under the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme (TPP) of the ICAO Global Aviation Training (GAT) Office and in cooperation with the Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation (JAA TO), the ICAO Standardized Training Package (STP) Training Instructor Course (TIC), consisting of TIC Part 1 which is an online course, and TIC Part 2 which is the classroom course.
The ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS TIC will enable participants to methodically conduct training courses in accordance with ICAO’s instructor competencies and develop the required training strategies for course delivery. It will train instructors to deliver STPs, based on the TRAINAIR PLUS methodology, as well as conventional courses.
As the TIC–Part 1 (online) is a prerequisite for TIC Part 2 (classroom), all participants are requested to register for TIC Part 1 (online) through the ICAO online store at: https://store1.icao.int/index.php/tic-course-part-1.html
- Course Introduction
- Training Preparation
- Training Delivery
- Training Reports
After having successfully completed the TIC, the trainees will be able to:
- Prepare a training environment including facilities, equipment and instructional material;
- Manage the trainees by using effective training strategies;
- Conduct training with a variety of instructional methods as required for the training;
- Perform trainee assessments appropriately, objectively, and correctly; and
- Perform course evaluations effectively.
- Complete training reports for course improvement
Who should take this course
The target population for the TIC is as follows:
- Pre-service and in-service instructors with little or no formal training background;
- Aviation training instructors and aviation professionals who are dedicated to the implementation of competency-based training programmes;
- Subject matter experts and specialists who wish to upgrade their instructional competencies; and
- Current instructors who wish to refresh and upgrade their trainer competencies.
The prerequisites and qualification requirements are as follows:
- Successful completion of the online ICAO/JAA TO STP Instructional Techniques course (TIC Part 1) is mandatory to enrol in TIC Part 2. Click here to register for TIC Part 1.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications and experience in one or more civil aviation field(s) or in adult learning development and training;
- Computer skills using contemporary software programmes; and
- Good oral and written command of the language of instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: It is ALWAYS a requirement for trainees to bring laptops to ICAO courses. They must have a functioning MS Office and accept USB connection.
5 days, classroom (starting at 9:00 and ending daily at approximately 17:00, with exception of the last day which ends at approximately 12:00)