Locations / Date
Flight Dispatch Overview for Business Aviation
The syllabus of this course follows ICAO recommendations for training future Flight Operations Officers / Dispatchers with minimal or no previous aviation experience. Some subjects have been shortened to focus on others considered more relevant for everyday business in aviation operations.
This course is independent regarding Flight Planning software. Training based on specific Flight Planning Software can be arranged.
All students attending this course will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance. Documentation will also be provided to each student outlining their successful completion of each individual topic with reference to how many classroom hours were completed. No Flight Dispatch licence will be issued.
- Personal introduction
- Presentation of own company’s Dispatcher’s workflow (max. 10 min.)
- Company Operations Manual (OM), preferably on a laptop
The following subjects will be covered in this training course:
- Aviation Alphabet, glossary and abbreviations
- Civil air law and regulation (JAA/EASA/EU, ICAO)
- Aviation indoctrination / Aircraft general knowledge
- Meteorology (TAF, METAR)
- Introductions to Mass and Balance
- Dispatch in Business Aviation (workflow and processes)
- Flight / Crew briefing with examples
- Basics of flight and duty time limitations (Subpart Q)
- Flight monitoring / watch
- ICAO flight-plan & charts
- Human Factors
- Security (emergencies and abnormal situations)
- Applied practical training
- Visit of KLM Jet-Center (GAT) at Amsterdam Airport
This course will allow the participant to directly contribute to the safety and reliability of flight operations, and make a positive contribution to the economy and efficiency of business aviation operations. The acquired skills will improve the applicants ability to analyze and evaluate operational problems, thereby improving their judgment and decision making skills.
Who should take this course
This course is tailored for future Flight Operations Officer / Dispatcher working for a Business Aviation Company.
Basic Aviation Knowledge
5 days starting at 09:00 and finishing at approximately 17.00 each day.
Please also note that during the course, homework of 1-2 hours per day must be planned.